Who can volunteer at Boys and Girls Clubs of Winnipeg?
- Youth (Ages 16-17)
- Groups (Corporations, Associations, Church Groups, Service Clubs, Families, etc.)
What steps do I take to volunteer?
- Fill out the Volunteer Application Form
- Complete a Child Abuse Registry Check Form
- Complete a Criminal Record Check Form (Police Services or your local RCMP detachment can process these forms)
- Provide two (2) references
- Attend an Agency Orientation Session
- Read and sign a Declaration of Code of Conduct Policy
- Call the Volunteer Administrator to determine your start date
- Start having fun!
How often do individual volunteers have to work?
- We usually ask volunteers to make a commitment of once or twice a week. Each scheduled shift would be about 2 to 3 hours.
What duration do volunteers work?
- Volunteers can commit anywhere from 3 months up to a complete school year (September to June)
- Our summer program CSI: Community School Investigators is a five week duration
If I am a leader representing a group of volunteers who want to volunteer once, do I have to go through the same screening process as an individual volunteer?
- No. Group Volunteers should fill out a Group Application Form online or they can call the Director of Community Engagement at (204) 982-4944.