BGC Winnipeg Volunteering FAQ
Who can volunteer at BGC Winnipeg?
- Youth (Ages 15-17)
- Groups (Corporations, Associations, Church Groups, Service Clubs, Families, etc.)
What steps do I take to volunteer?
- Fill out the Youth Volunteer Application Form or Adult Volunteer Application Form
- Complete a Child Abuse Registry Check Form
- Complete a Criminal Record Check Form if you are 18+ (Police Services or your local RCMP detachment can process these forms)
- Provide two (2) references
- Call the Volunteer Administrator for links to review required documents and policies you need to sign off on
- Request a link to the Agency Orientation Session
- Once all background clearances, required documents and the agency online orientation are completed you can schedule a mutually convenient start date
- Start having fun!
How long does it take to get screened and placed?
- If volunteers come to us with background clearances (Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Record Checks) completed within 6 months or less, this expedites the intake process to *two weeks providing they complete all other required documents and online training.
- Individuals who do not have recent clearances may expect 6 to 8 weeks before being placed.
- Child Abuse Registry Checks and RCMP or City Police Finger Printing results may take an extensive period of time.
* Placements can be expedited, as long as there is an opening for the position and time the volunteer is available.