Boys and Girls Clubs of Winnipeg appreciates the engagement of caring and responsible community members who are willing to volunteer their time to mentor children and youth so they can develop skills, gain new experiences and build positive friendships.
Below are just some ways volunteers can get involved:
Agency Photographers (casual basis - evenings and/or afternoons)
- Special Event/Project/Activity Volunteers (year round casual basis)
September to June:
Rogers Raising The Grade Technical Centre Mentors & Workshop Facilitators
- Drop-In Lab for all Youth (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm)
- Technology and Specialty Career Workshop Facilitators (TBD with RRTG Manager on Weekdays)
Power Up! Adult Mentors
- The POWER UP! program works with groups of children ranging in age from 6-12 years old offering academic enrichment experiences in literacy, numeracy and science in eight schools and one Club.
- The program’s typical schedules involve two afternoons a week, mostly Tuesdays & Thursdays (seven sites) or Mondays & Wednesdays (two sites).
Club Drop-In Mentors
- Children or youth arrive after school for a snack and may have an option to participate in crafts, play a board/electronic game or have free time in the gym.
- The largest attendance is after school with children ages 6 to 12, Mondays to Fridays, 3:30 pm to 5:15 pm/5:30 pm.
Community School Investigators (CSI) Summer Learning Program Volunteer (July to August - 5 weeks)
Volunteers can gain marketable work experience while enriching the quality of life for children attending the CSI Summer Learning Enrichment Program. Children ages 6 to 12 take part in activities designed to strengthen their math, reading and writing skills, along with problem solving and language acquisition. Volunteers act as helpers and mentors in the classrooms, kitchen and special afternoon activities.
- Food Coordinator Assistants (mornings)
- Field Trip/Special Event Volunteers (afternoons)
Requirements for Volunteers/Students:
Age 16 plus
- Ability to communicate in English
- Experience working with children
- Minimum 4 week commitment - at least two half days per week (mornings or afternoons)
- Volunteers will need to complete a volunteer/student application form, provide two references, provide Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry clearances, as well as sign off on some policies
- Race for Kids! Adults Play, Kids Win. A giant adult scavenger hunt that raises funds for Boys and Girls Clubs of Winnipeg. Come out and help with registration, serving food or assisting with Checkpoint activities. Alternatively, enter a team of four adults and raise funds for year-round free programming for children and youth in Winnipeg.
- Have a group of friends or colleagues with special skills that collectively want to do something positive for kids? Why not organize a small group fundraiser and then offer the young people we serve a special afternoon or evening that includes an interesting workshop or interactive group activity and snack/meal? Call us and we can discuss some great possibilities.